Saturday, October 19, 2013

Random Nail Plate - Halloween Themed!

Wow...I don't know how I got so lucky. My very first random plate draw and it's holiday appropriate! Hurray for randomness! Note: I will not be so fond of randomness when say a Christmas plate comes up in January, but for now I'm happy with it!

So the plate that came up on the very first draw was BM-222. Which is this little guy here:



I quite like the full nail designs on this one, the scrolly one in the bottom is so nice. And the right side is so intricate too, either would make a very classy manicure. I've actually been itching to try out the top image to make Dalmatian nails. The butterfly would be cute for some springy nails, but since it's fall here I figured I would pass on that one. The left hand full nail image was out because, well, it's not Christmas yet. But as I'm sure you got from the title of the post, I decided to use the little pumpkin to design my manicure around. This is definitely not the sort of image I'd usually gravitate towards (I really like the full nail images on this plate), but I figured I should embrace the Halloween spirit!

So today I have a Halloween manicure for you featuring the little pumpkin from BM-222. Since it's a skittles manicure I'll list them out finger by finger, it's just easier that way! All the stamping is done with Wet N Wild Black Creme.

  • Pinky - 2 coats of Essie Chinchilly with a glitter gradient of Sinful Colors Black Magic (sidenote: I LOVE this glitter gradient! It looks even better in real life. I think it would look really awesome to do a black to white ombre with this glitter over it in a gradient)
  • Ring - 3 coats of Sinful Colors Cloud 9 stamped with the pick of the day BM-222!
  • Middle - 2 coats of Essie Chinchilly stamped with BM-H08
  • Pointer - 3 coats of Sinful Colors Cloud 9 stamped with BM-H06
  • Thumb - 2 coats of Essie Chinchilly stamped with BM-213

Look at that gradient, yummy! It worked way better than I ever imagined.
And now a picture of the claw pose as awkward as it is to show some thumb love!


A close up of the glitter gradient in all it's yummy shimmery goodness! Black Magic is from Sinful Colors' 2013 Halloween collection - run out and get it now if you don't already have it! It's amazing, I love it!


Thanks for reading!!!

6 comments: