Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Purple and Gold Glitter and Stamping

Going through my archives of mani photos it turns out I don't use glitter nearly as often as I thought I did! But...what would the first nail post of a blog named after glitter be without glitter? SUPER SILLY!

Thus, I present gold glitter! Oh, and some purple and gold stamping to go along with it.

To create the look I used two coats of Joe Fresh Eggplant, a creamy dusty eggplant purple, on my pointer, pinky and thumb. After that was dry I stamped with Essie Good as Gold and Bundle Monster plate 314. The ring and middle finger contain the piece de resistance, the glitter! I used one coat of Sonia Kashuk Golden Ticket as undies and covered that with three coats of Sinful Colors All About You. All About You is a lovely warm gold glitter with some copper flecks in it to give some depth. It's very sparkly and beautiful and goes well with the dusty purple.



Look at the lovely sparkles in All About You! It's even sparklier in real life, but since it's more of a dusty seeming glitter it isn't as in-your-face as other glitters can be, it's more subtle. Can you tell I'm quite enamoured with this glitter??


The photo below shows the purple truer to real colour, it's a bit dark in the above photos. It doesn't read quite as blackened on the nail.


I really liked this design, it had a sort of elegance about it with the scroll like stamping and the golden accent fingers.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment